Thursday, December 24, 2009

'Twas the night before Christmas...

And as ever I will not return home much before midnight. We enjoyed a splendid Children's Nativity Pageant this afternoon, with standing room only in the church. After a delicious dinner of Coq au Vin with friends in Bridgehampton (although making a small glass of fine Haut-Medoc last a whole meal is tough going!) I am taking a break from putting the final preparations in place for the 10:30 mass. Once again I expect a full church.

I will creep into the house just after midnight, try not to disturb the dogs, pour myself a large glass of Calvados, and sit before the Christmas tree - to think, to remember, and to look forward. It was, and is a very special moment.

A very Happy Christmas to you all! Nadolig Llawen! Buon Natale! Joyeux Noel!

No comments: