Tuesday, May 19, 2009

FLOTATION DEVICES ALSO MAKE GOOD PILLOWS!



I did something today that I had not done in a very long time, and fell asleep on a beach! A remote beach only accessible from the water. I'd better explain. As it was a day off I wanted to take a kayak out for a paddle before the late afternoon breezes picked up, so launched into flat calm water at Conscience Point into North Sea Harbor. It was actually a paddle in two parts. I spent the first half hour exploring the winding creeks that extend into the woods on the northern edge of the harbor, and then I headed out to the harbor entrance via the boat channel. Once there I pulled up on the shingle beach for snacks and water, rested my head on the PFD, found my mind filling with pleasant and peaceful thoughts and ...

It was a squawking gull that woke me about twenty minutes later, giving me very strange looks indeed!



No comments: