Saturday, January 30, 2010

As Saturdays go ...

As Saturdays go it has been a good day. To begin with I was rested after a good night's sleep. Unlike the previous night. The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune that, for me, was the 8th Grade fundraising dinner at the Publick House, Southampton, resulted in eight restless, almost sleepless hours. I wonder why.

Today I have drunk excellent coffee, baked croissants, walked four naughty dogs, spent three hours in Riverhead at my favorite haunts (Borders, Target and Home Depot), written a sermon, planned a whole "bunch of stuff" over the phone with my Director of Music, talked with and texted with my family who are in Manhattan for a few days, cooked an Italian chicken and tomato casserole which I am about to eat, and just opened a bottle of (sip? Ah yes!) good Pinot Noir. It may sound like a busy day, but in all of it I have found time to think and dream. If only it were not so cold ...

No comments: